Monday, September 29, 2008

sigh...

A whole week off.
I hardly know what to do with myself...
We got back last week from our big trip everywhere,
had a little too much fun and the drive home from Nashville was AWFUL.
just ask the guys, they're the ones who drove it.

I wish I had Nashville pictures, but I kept forgetting to take my camera-
very unlike me. And when I did have one, it was Silva's and he hasn't downloaded them yet.

We got to play a live radio broacast on the BBC with Bob Harris.
Get this - before us was Rodney Crowell,
and after... T Bone Burnett.
One of these things is not like the other.
During the interview, I turned around to look through the window at our manager,
Mark who was listening outside...
I'm making faces at him,
stick my tongue out, you know... I act like a retard a lot.

Then I turn a little bit more and look a little to his right
and there stands T Bone.
First of all, he's huge.
Second of all, he's T Bone Burnett.
Tongue promptly back in mouth.
Smile, wave, and turn back around.
I saw him laugh, so I guess he didn't think I was too much of an idiot.
Or maybe he did. And rightly so.

Anyway, later that night I got to see Glen Campbell...
You wanna see me act like a fool, get me in front of Glen Campbell doin his thing.
Silva didn't want to have anything to with me.
And rightly so.

SO....
as for the week off, the majority of us made it out to ACL at least yesterday.
All I wanted to see was The Raconteurs and WOW.
It was unreal.
And Brendan Benson is dreamy.

3 comments:

Kallie Dreher said...

SHANE! I have a good story for you! EMAIL MEEE.

Kallie Dreher said...

oh yeah...this is kallie dreher, formerly kallie beard.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!